Hmm, I noticed the following trends among site visitors:
- Reviews of historical romances are always more popular than those of any other subgenre. Reviews of supposedly "in" and "hot" paranormal/urban fantasy stories are actually somewhere in the middle. The second most popular reviews after historical romances are erotic contemporary romances. It looks like the visitors to my site like their stories more grounded in normalcy.
- A year ago, ebook reviews get only a quarter of the traffic of the dead tree reviews. This year the traffic to my ebook reviews have caught up to about two-third of the traffic of dead tree reviews, if number of visitors to both review sections is any reliable indicator.
- However, reviews of MM romances still haven't caught on - traffic to these reviews are still pretty low compared to MF and MMF romances in the ebook review section.
- POD reviews are still pretty low in numbers when it comes to traffic - it gets about 1/10 of the traffic to the dead tree books review section. Then again, it's POD. Not surprising, really. I need to do something to publicize this section - get it on search engines, et cetera, but I can't find the time to do the necessary work.
- The most popular reviews are actually those with keeper grades (90 and above): almost twice the popularity of the highest trafficked non-keeper review. Of course reviews with scores under 40 are popular too.